Have you lost some or all of your teeth because of periodontal disease, tooth decay or injury?
Losing one or more of your permanent teeth as a result of an accident, natural aging, or illness can be unfortunate and have a negative effect on your ability to chew and your self esteem.
We want to give you back your beautiful smile. Created specifically for you, your full or partial dentures should enable you to eat and speak as if you had your natural teeth back. We will create and implement a Full or Partial Denture treatment plan that suits your needs aesthetically and financially.
The Facts about Full and Partial Dentures
- Improve Visual Appearance – Full or partial dentures are created specifically for your mouth to provide support to your lips and cheeks and are made to look just like your natural teeth;
- Improve Chewing Ability – Replacing toothless areas with full or partial dentures will improve chewing ability and allow you to enjoy all of your favorite foods;
- Improve Speech – Having missing teeth can impair your speech and cause you to mispronounce certain words. By replacing toothless areas your speech will be more clear and easily understood;
- Improve Oral Health – Replacing natural teeth that have been lost is very important to your health as well as your appearance. Going without the support that dentures provide can cause your facial muscles to sag, making you look older;
- Solid and Secure – Dentures are made of a molded acrylic base that fits comfortably over your gums;
- Strong and Durable – The tooth portion of the denture is made of a ceramic or ceramic-like material. This material ensures a strong, durable, and natural looking tooth replacement;
- Valplast is more flexible and durable than cast metal partials. For these reasons, some patients find that Valplast partials are more comfortable.
How Full and Partial Denture Treatment Works
- An impression and measurement will be taken of your jaw and teeth alignment as well as match the shape, color and shade of your teeth. If you are transitioning from failing teeth to dentures, temporary dentures can be made and placed at the time of tooth removal so you will not be without teeth. These measurements are used to create a full or partial denture, custom fit only for you;
- For full dentures, once your remaining teeth have been removed and the tissues have healed (usually within 3 months), the full premium dentures are created and placed in your mouth;
- For partial dentures, replacement teeth are bonded to a gum-colored plastic base which are connected to biocompatible metal framework or acrylic base. Then the framework is attached to the natural teeth on either side of the toothless space to hold the denture firmly in place.